The Bennetts go to seminary

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Can we be friends?

Praises! My husband got a second interview to UPS. We are very excited. I guess checking e-mail every hour did work :) He also has a second interview at Wegmans for the pizza station. He is very good at eating pizza, but I'm not sure about making them.

We are very ready for jobs and to get into a schedule. At first it felt like vacation, but now we are just a little bored. After we unpacked, it has just been the three of us, all week long!

We had people, that we met at church, over for dinner tonight. It was fun, but I made the worst meal ever. The pork roast was so dry, the twice baked potatoes had hard lumps in them, and there was a biscuit disaster. Oh well, so much for first impressions.

We are actually very surprised about how nice everyone has been here. The people in our building are very friendly. We seem to be the only ones under 50, but that's okay. There is one apartment below us that has a mezuzah. That is a Jewish Scripture container placed on a door post. Most Jewish people take Duet. 6:9 literally. I would really like to meet them. I thought about just knocking on their door and saying, "Hey, I saw the mezuzah; and I am really interested in Jewish people, so can we be friends?" My husband has to remind me that we don't live in Indiana anymore.

Thanks for keeping up with the Bennetts!

Random thought for the day: I saw a Tim's Auto Spa today. It made me laugh. What is an auto spa? Maybe Indiana Tim should upgrade to a spa!

1 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a mezusah?? Sounds dangerous. The Allies

 

Post a Comment

<< Home