We're still alive
Hello, family & friends! I just want to say thanks for the keeping up with the Bennetts. I want to also say thanks for the comments posted on the blog--especially, those who were worried because we hadn't posted in awhile. The Benentts are fine. We were not mugged in Central Park, but thank you for your concern. :)
Along with the comments, we really appreciate all the letters, encouragement cards, and phone calls. It feels like our "honeymoon" time is winding down, and it is starting to feel more like real life. The encouragement & support from family & friends has greatly lifted our spirits. We especially enjoy the letters from the TCBC children. We got one from a certain pastor's son that said, "I hope you are reading this on your way to Starbucks." Unfortunately, we read it in our kitchen, but it still made us smile!
Well, classes start for my husband tomorrow. He is very excited to get going. In fact, he has spent a lot of the time here working ahead and reading for his classes. In some classes, he has all the textbooks read.
Besides school work, he is still looking for a job. He had the third interview and is waiting to hear back from UPS. He is pursuing other options, but we are trying to be patient and trust that the Lord will provide.
This week I started a house cleaning job. In college, all my house cleaning jobs were witnessing opportunities. I hope to be able to witness to this lady. She is a professor of theology at the University of Scranton. She is Catholic and probably knows more about the Bible than I do. Please pray for opportunities to talk about things of the Lord.
Please pray also that we would be able to get to know our neighbors and be witnesses to them. I am still trying to meet the mezuzah couple. (not as painful as it sounds) Some neighbors told me to forget about them; they are Israeli and not friendly. I still think it is an awesome opportunity to have them in the building. So, I check the mail & go down the hall often in hopes that they will be out.
In other news, we think we have found the church we will attend. It is the one we attended our first Sunday night. We enjoy the preaching & service. We love our Sunday School class on parenting. The people are very friendly and we are getting to know some couples. (We do miss the comfort & ease of established friendship!!!!)
My son has a tooth and is doing so well. I'll post a picture soon.
Thanks for reading and I will post at least once a week.
Random thought: The common greeting in Northeastern PA is "How ya doin'?" I don't know if I am supposed to answer that question or just say "How ya doin'?" back!! Any suggestions?

2 Comments:
Great to hear everything is coming together. We'll be praying and hoping that Eric will be lifting boxes soon. We were very sorry to hear about Eric's grandfather. We'll definately be lifting you in prayer this week as those events unfold. May God Bless you and keep you. Mark, Shelly, and Claire
P.S. I'd just say "How ya doin?" back.
Yes, the correct response is "Hey, how YOU doin?!" The authoritative Italian has spoken.
Post a Comment
<< Home