The Bennetts go to seminary

Monday, April 03, 2006

Caffeine Inspired Blogging

In the last 72 hours I have only consumed coffee and generic Diet Coke.

I've had a great vacation, but now I have so much to do that I thought I steady stream of caffeine would help me get more done. I spent a week out in Illinois and Indiana and then my mother-in-law and brother-in-law came to stay with my husband and I for the week. It was a fantastic time, but when everyone left on Friday I had a mountain of laundry, a disaster of a house, and no food in sight. On top of that I am starting a new job, studying for my final exam, gradign SAT essays, and typing up my husband's notes for his research paper. Oh, and T-man learned how to open up the cabinet doors even with the child locks :)

Whew! With all that is going on, I need a vacation. Wait, I just had a wonderful vacation and I thought I would share with you the highlights from my trip!

#1 BEING WITH FAMILY! It was so nice to see my parents, grandparents, and in-laws. I think that they were excited to me too, but estatic to see T-man! He loved all the attention and spoiling!

#2 BEING WITH MY TCBC FAMILY! It truly felt like coming home to be at church Wed. night. In fact, I felt so comfortable that I zipped along those familiar roads and got pulled over! I just got a warning and I think the PA plates helped in that! But the important thing is it was so good and so encouraging to see so many friends! It was a whirlwind, but wonderful to catch up with so many friends.

#3 T-MAN DISCOVERED HIS MUSICAL TALENTS! T-man got to listen to a rousing harmonica performance and his aunt & uncle were kind enough to let him play thier guitars and drums. (T-man likes the high-hat cymbal the best). He also recieved a toy piano from a grandparent that will remain nameless and a drum from an aunt that is laughing her head off right now. Somehow that piano and drum are only available for T-man to play with for 5 minutes a day :)

There are so many other wonderful things, but I think I will have to update later. I am starting to get a headache, so I think I need to make another pot of coffee! Till then!

3 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, PLEASE encourage T-man in his musical abilities: it's a known fact that his parents have been hiding their musical talents under a bushel for several years & maybe Titus will be the one to help them break out of their reserved shells!!! (ha!) I have to admit that some of those toy musical instruments about send me up the wall, also....espec. the ones that played until the batteries died (amazingly, we never seemed to have the correct size batteries to 'fix' them, either!).
WE LOVED SEEING YOU, TOO!!!
guess who (M,C,T,N,E)

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is already opening cabinet locks? You are in so much trouble. I can't wait to see him in a few weeks. I'm glad he likes the drum. My boys loved it so much, I know you will get so much joy out of if.

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you and T-man are enjoying the drum! We have other gifts for him that I am sure you will love even more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home