The Bennetts go to seminary

Saturday, September 02, 2006

It's not unusual

Summer ended on a good note! My husband passed his Greek exam--thanks for al the prayers!--so that means he is on schedule to graduate in three years.

Although we had a great summer, it went too quickly. Now we are back into the swing of a new semester. The other day my husband and I went to a seminary back-to-school, get-to-know-you function. We sat in a circle and went around and told one unusual thing about ourselves. I was surprised at how normal everyone's unusual fact was. One couple said their basement flooded this spring. Another person said they really like football. These facts seemed very mundane to me! My husband and I have so much that is unusual that it is hard to choose what to share when those types of questions come up. So, in honor of our weirdness, I have compiled a list of our unusual facts.

1. Romance sparked after my husband and I ate a bright green bug. Yum!
2. I have read To Kill a Mockingbird over 16 times.
3. My husband has a fart, poop, or vomit story for every occasion.
4. I still watch cartoons, and the comics is the first newspaper section I read.
5. I climbed Mt. Fuji while in Japan.
6. My husband has been in every time zone.
7. My husband and I are coffee snobs.
8. I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue.
9. At Girl Scout camp, a roasting fork got shoved up my nose. It hurt, a lot!
10. I will eat almost anything! (See #1)
11. My husband and I are drawn towards and like to hang out with crazy, odd people.
12. Squirrels make me laugh.
13. My husband can do the splits.
14. My husband is fairly fluent in reading & writing two dead languages--Hebrew & Greek.
15. I only dust the house before company comes over.

I hope you have enjoyed a taste of our weirdness. Does anyone care to share an unusual fact about themselves? Feel free to post :)

1 Comments:

At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

April you are a crazy woman! So you didn't tell us... which fact did you WOW the crowd with? Thank you for sharing your lives with us on here! It never fails to bring a smile to my heart! I love the picture of the "T-Man" and his daddy! Have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home