The Bennetts go to seminary

Friday, November 28, 2008

My Poor Blog

My poor blog has not been updated since September! I knew life when get busy after summer ended, but I wasn't fully prepared for the on slaught of activity! We are continuing to do well, but we are extremely busy. So to catch you up, I will include the highlights.

Erik is almost half way done with his internship. He has finished all his projects for the internship, but he still has to turn in his doctrinal paper and pass the oral exam. He is continuing to work in the church and develop the vistor/discipleship ministry. Also, the church we are currently at has decided to ordain Erik. The council will be in April, but they will hold the service the weekend of his graduation.

After graduation is still a big question mark! Erik has sent out resumes, but we nothing has really come of it. We are continuing to pray for God's provision and direction in this matter. We want to serve the Lord where we can use our gifts and abilities; we don't want to live in Erik's parent's basement after graduation :)

I am still working on my classes and plan to finish on time at the end of December. I am still working from home, grading papers, and I was able to grade the ACT this fall. I think I took on too much this semester, as it has been difficult to get all my work done :)

Titus is growing and amazing me everyday. He is a Cubbie this year and loves AWANA. I love the workers in his group and am very thankful for them. I just wish, however, someone would have told me the patches were not iron-ons--I spent 20 minutes trying to iron on his first patch!

Anna turned one last week. She is becoming more and more fun. She still isn't growing like the doctors want, so she has to undergo some liver, thyroid, and metabolic tests.

All in all, things are going very well! The Lord continues to teach us and continues to provide for our needs. Thanks for all your prayers. Erik and I are amazed by this whole "adventure". We feel like we are truly blessed to have so many people love & support us through this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home