The Best Laid Plans
So sorry for the gap in posts, but life has gotten crazy for the summer. My hubby and I had planned to sit back and enjoy the summer break from class. However, those plans haven't exactly worked out :) First, I am working 3 days a week at Sylvan. I didn't think 3 days out a of a 7 day week would be that bad, but it feels like I work all the time. On the home front, Erik has been Mr. Mom, going grocery shopping and entertaining a 2 yr. old. He probably feels like I work all the time too!
Erik and I both took a module class this summer as well. He took Pneumtology (the doctorine of the Holy Spirit), and I took Literary Criticism. He is an old pro at the class thing. I, on the other hand, have a brain that has been rotted by a barage of Elmo videos. Needless to say, taking a class was a little harder than I thought it would be.
We have also had some unexpected drama this summer. First, the car accident and the trouble with the uninsured driver. We are still working on that. Second, we have had a change in my job situation and I won't be able to grade SAT from home anymore. We are looking for a way to replace that income. All in all, we are doing a lot of praying and trusting right now :)
So, our summer hasn't gone as planned, but we are comforted in the fact that God is taking care of us and we are so close to being done! Only one more year of classes--two more semesters to go. Then, we get to move on to the internship. Exiciting times!!
Oh, I guess I shouldn't finish without a baby report. We are having a baby girl. Kudos to MG for catching my sly way of telling everyone :) All is going well with the pregnancy. T-man still thinks we are having a dog, but that's a completely different blog!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home